Jala neti

Here you can ask all questions that do not match with the other groups
Katarina

Jala neti

Post by Katarina »

Hi,
I have a short question:
can a person practice neti (nose cleaning) with salted water regulary early in the morning? Isn´t it inappropriate for kapha dosha?
Thank you
Namaste

Dr. Rohit

Re: Jala neti

Post by Dr. Rohit »

salt water Neti is called a jala neti.
jal neti helps to cleans the excess of mucous and other toxins from the passages.
It works on the similar principal like the NASYAM ,

since it helps to remove excess of mucous, kapha who naturally tend to produce a lot of mucous , it helps them to purify and cleanse the channels.

Dr. Rohit

Post by Dr. Rohit »

Namaste !!!

Jala neti has been found to be effective against...common cold, migraines and also cleaning the sinus passages.
in cold countries we recommend it to do it in evening on empty stomach - when you dont have to go out in cold, as cold can block the sinuses.

well Now a days , we are recommending Neti - after coming home from visiting markets or even friends, as it cleanse the passage pathways.
one such arrtilce published was
https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pune/cover-story/contrasting-swab-reports-from-pvt-and-govt-labs-are-new-alarming-trend/articleshow/76718887.cms

thanks

jennimiller

Post by jennimiller »

I have heard Neti is not allowed in cold countries..

is it true ?
can i get more information on this please.....
I am from U.K and would love to practice it everyday...

Dr. Rohit

Post by Dr. Rohit »

Thanks Jenni,
well first of all this isnt True,

as i have explained earlier,
in cold weather, after Neti practice its better not to move out, as the Nadis or Channels or Meredians open up, thus it will result in cold or headaches or blocked nose.
we recommend not go out in open for the next 2 to 3 hours atleast, after this Practise
In some Yoga schools like Himalaya yoga valley ( www.yogagoaindia.com) we ask people to do it in the evenings after coming home from work, on empty stomach . This wont make you to catch cold
also prefer to do it on a holiday when you dont have to go out immediately after.

jennimiller

Post by jennimiller »

Can we also say that, regular Neti can help take away hay fever and build a good immune response?
related to my sinus conditions if done properly.
thanks

DrDeep
New User

Post by DrDeep »

Yes sure, If done properly it surely helps

in case in cold places if still is an issue apply coconut oil or sesame oil on the internal of Nostril or drop 2 to 4 drops in each nostril also is good , this Practice is Known as " Nasyam"