pharyngitis, tonsillitis

Everything about diagnosis will be discussed in this forum and how the treatment works. Do you know about "pulse diagnosis"? Here you can ask the experts, what it is about. And why does a certain constitution type need different oils for treatment than another? Just ask. There are many experts in this forum.
ruyy

pharyngitis, tonsillitis

Post by ruyy »

Hello,

I have pharyngitis or tonsillitis. My throat have been aching like hell for one month now. I have take antibiotic two times now and lots of medicine but I feel even worse now because of that, not better. I have a little fever, my nose is running, I cough time to time and my throat is hurting (I can't even swallow). Please tell me what to buy and take to heal me!
4 months ago I was in Bali, I visited a shaman, because my nose had been running for 10 years, he cured me and told me that my spleen was blocked. Afterwords everything was fine, but one month ago, I got a cold and that cold wouldn't let go off me!! Maybe something related to my spleen again? But it is supposed to be unblocked by now, isn't it? Or maybe it is still a bit weak... If it is, do you think it re-blocked itself? -.-

However please help me get rid of this terrible cold.

Waiting for you replies,
Best regards

PS: which section of the forum would be best to post this topic?

Dr.Sandip Sawant

Re: pharyngitis, tonsillitis

Post by Dr.Sandip Sawant »

Hi,

Your problem seems to be chronic and also the severity is more. Plaryngitis n Tonsillitis are basically inflammation of those particular body parts.
There are effective medicine available here with us but to suggest treatments becomes difficult as you wont get those medicine there.(by the way where do you stay?).
Neverthless i will try to suggest some home remedies for this
1. take 1/2 spoon Turmeric+1/4th spoon Dry ginger+Salt. Add 300ml of water,then boil it for few minutes. After straining & throwing the powder debris, take gargles of these decoction every 4 hourly.
2.Take juice of Basil leaves + Honey - Every 4 hourly.

3. Yashtimadhu + Tankan with honey -both are ayurvedic medicines
4.Gandhak Druti for application on Tonsils.

3 and 4 are effective medicines but difficult to get abroad

Avoid cold exposure.
Try out any of these medicines , it will surely help you.

Regards,

Dr.Sandip

ruyy

Post by ruyy »

Thank you, I will try that. Maybe I can try to get 3 and 4 from the internet somewhere...
I have been eating ginger (it hurts A LOT) for a week now and it's getting a bit better. But I hope I'll be OK next week.. My throat is still hurting and I still get fever.

Galina
New User

Post by Galina »

Dear Dr.Sandip Sawant, or whoever has the information,
I have been suffering from sore throat for many years (my doctor said it is chronic pharyngitis). Whenever I get cold or flu, which can happen 4 times a year, it gets right away into my throat and then I experience terrible pain in my throat for a week and then it turns into dry cough that I can not stop until I drink a LOT of water. It might last for 2 months. I am in teaching profession, so during winter I am suffering a lot because when I sick, going to the classroom is a torture - I have to leave during lectures several times to stop my cough. Nothing helps me anymore - antibiotics, throat sprays, herbs, nothing.
I was thinking that may be I can find a clinic in India to get cured. If you have any information, Or if you know of any treatment of my conditions, please let me know.
Thank you.

Galina
New User

Post by Galina »

Could anybody suggest ayurvedic cure for chronic rinitis?
Thank you.

Dr.Sandip Sawant

Post by Dr.Sandip Sawant »

Dear Galina,
Your case seems to be typical related to the decreased immunity due to overuse of specific body part, here in your case it is throat. Here simply we will have to strnghthen your throat area by giving specific medicines which will increase the immunity & also have soothing effect to the throat.
If you are planning trip to Goa, India anytime then we will be happy to treat you, but till then you can try following medicines
1. Take gargles with turmeric Decoction- everyday morning & evening before sleep
2. If you can Get Sesame oil then take internally 1 spoon sesame oil
3. 1/4th spoon Dry ginger powder with 1 spoon Clarified Butter/Cows Ghee (if not available then Honey), three times a day - Morning before breakfast, Afternoon after food & Night before Going to sleep.

There are many medicines available for treatment but its difficult to suggest you as they may not be available there & also i can only suggest specialized medicines only after seeing you in Person, till then you try out these Ayurveda Home Remedies.

I am sure if you take this for 1 month you will feel much much better.

Regards,

Dr.Sandip Sawant