Lungs

Here you can ask all questions that do not match with the other groups
jinn
New User

Lungs

Post by jinn »

Namaste,
I hope everyone is well and was wondering if anyone can be kind enough to help with a lung condition I have developed in the last year. I am really desperate to heal this since this is an big obstruction to my sadhana. :(
More than a year ago I started doing nadi shodana, and after 3-4 months, I was foolishly forcing the inhalation/exhalation/kumbaka. What happened, and I dont remember exactly how it happened or how long it took, but I started developing a sort of tenseness in my chest. Especially in my left lung. I had to do less and less pranayama because the left lung would tense up and contract. I took a break and stopped all sadhana, which was very depressing, since my sadhana is my lifeline. After the break (the break was about 3-4 weeks) I started slowly again, avoiding any asana that stretched the torso and then slowly started up just with deep breathing. In the beggining I could not feel the tension in the left lung, but once I started slowly going into simple Ujjayi Pranayama, the tension came again. I practiced like this for a couple of months, not making any progress in pranayama. After this, I decided I have to try to heal this lung condition. Here are some of the methods which I used and still use:

1) Taking hot showers and breathing in steam.
2) Breathing in steam from mashed potatoes
3) Various hand mudras
4) Yoga Nidra (for body restoration)
5) Walking outside in fresh air and sunbathing.
6) Ayurveda Respiratory Health Supplement (http://www.mapi.com/maharishi_ayurveda/ ... atory.html)
7) Placing various mantras on the lungs during Yoga Nidra.
8) Drinking tea with Tulsi leaves and Pleurisy root

I have been doing most of these for the last 1-2 months. While they do relieve the tension, it seems I cannot cure this condition just using the above procedures. I have started reading about ayurveda and found a procedure using a pippali pepper, milk and water. I am waiting for the pippali pepper to arrive and I will start this procedure.
As far as I understand in Ayurveda (the book I started reading is called Natural Healings through Aurveda by Prof Dr. Subhash Ranade) it is hard to give general advise without first knowing the body type (dosha), but do you have any suggestion/advise as to anything I can do to heal this condition?

I really appreciate you reading this email.

Take care.
Thank you,
Mike

jinn
New User

Re: Lungs

Post by jinn »

Namaste,
Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer my post.
The Mahanarayana oil and the trikatu churna are being shipped as we speak.
Should the Mahanaraya oil massage should be done?

I will post my progress here after I start the procedures.

Take care,
Mike

Dr. Rohit

Post by Dr. Rohit »

yes could do a gentle massage yourself . if you feel you have some heat or pitta increase you can also mix it with coconut or olive oil.

thanks

jinn
New User

Post by jinn »

Dear Prathameshkarpe,

How often should I do abhyanga?

Thank you,
Mike

jinn
New User

Post by jinn »

I understand.
I started the procedure yesterday. I will let you know how it turns out.
I appreciate your help very much.

Take care,

Mike

jinn
New User

Post by jinn »

Namaste,
Dear Dr. Prathameshkarpe, I have been continuing with the procedure you advised but have one question about TRIKATU churna. I know it is usually taken with honey as a paste, but for some reason I gag on this paste. What i have been doing is putting a small amount of trikatu churna/honey paste in my mouth and then taking some tea and swallowing, then the next small amount, etc etc. Does the tea sort of "Water-down" the effects? Should I just be taking the trikatu churna paste without drinking anything with it? Also what is the best time to take trikatu churna? I take it in the morning before I eat.
Thank you very much.

With love,
Mike

Dr. Rohit

Post by Dr. Rohit »

Dear Mike,
thanks for the querry.
Trikatu since it contains 3 spices should be tried to be taken after meals and that is also what Dr. prathamesh has mentioned in his ealier post.
yes you can take it with the tea. i dont htink that should be a problem. sometimes we also ask our patients or clients to have it with the last morsel of food incase it is difficult to take.

anyways how is your health?

jinn
New User

Post by jinn »

Namaste Dr. Prathameshkarpe and Dr. Rohit,
I am pretty sure my lungs have healed. I remember before doing the procedures you prescribed, when I would just do one ujjai breath, I would feel tension/contraction in my lungs. Right now I can do ujjai breathing with no problems for a couple of minutes. There is no feeling whatsoever in my lungs. I have recently gotten either bit by some sort of insert and/or got poison ivy all over my legs so right now I am healing from that. I have stopped doing the massage, since this might spread whatever I have on my legs to my body.
It is almost like the devil does not want me to start practicing my sadhana again, so he throws all these diseases on me. :)
After i get rid of this skin disease, I plan to do one more month of daily massages (I have done two months so far, before I had to stop).

Is there anyway I can make a donation to you as a sign of my gratitude to you for helping me with this problem?
If that is not appropriate, I thank you very much for your help.

With Love,
Mike

Dr. Rohit

Post by Dr. Rohit »

Dear Mike,
we are quite happy that you feel much better.
I am sure all will be perfect with your health.
keep us posted and our team will always be there to help you.

regarding donations - our best donation will be if you spread good word about this science of ayurveda and yoga.

thanks and feel free to contact our any time.

thanks