Balant Kadha - Post delivery

Here you can ask all questions that do not match with the other groups
jyotiinaustin

Balant Kadha - Post delivery

Post by jyotiinaustin »

I had my baby on may 2, 2010. Its been two months after my delivery now. I live in a place where it is not easy to get ayurvedic medicines. So its now after two months of my delivery that i got the three bottles (No. 1, no.2 and No.3) of Baidyanath Balant kadha. Can i take these bottles now. Or can i still take any one of them ...if not all. please suggest. Am eagerly awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance.

Dr.Sandip Sawant

Re: Balant Kadha - Post delivery

Post by Dr.Sandip Sawant »

Yes you can take Balant kadha no.3.

Basically these balant kadha, as names suggest are for Post Delivery care of your body, as it has undergone lot of changes in past 9 months & we have to bring it to normal in natural & sytematic way.

These Balant Kadha nos. suggest that when they should be taken based on their actions.

Balant Khadha no-1 should be taken in the first ten days as it has specific action to control vata which has been increased as a result of excess space in uterus after delivery. Hence controlling vata as well as to clean & purify uterus are the main functions of Balant Kadha no-1

Balant Kadha No-2 generally should be taken between 10th -20th day which helps in restoration of uterus and providing stength to the uterus as well as entire body. Decreasing vata is obviously is done by this kadha also.

Balant kadha No- 3 from 20th day to 60th day, aims more on generalized body then specific part of the body like regularisin motions, increasing appetite & proper Digestion, Lactation & providing various supplements like iron, calcium etc.

Hence looking at your case i suggest you to continue with Balant kadha no-3 for few days & then start Shatari Kalpa (in granules form & sweet in taste) with milk which will boost lactation without causing weakness in you & also will provide the most needed calcium & iron supplement. You can continue this till you continue breast feeding or may be more than that.

But as you have Balant kadha no 1 & 2 and if do not want to waste, then you can take 1 & 2 along with B.K no-3. Will help in reducing vata without any side effect or problem.

jyotiinaustin

Post by jyotiinaustin »

Dr. Sandip, thanks a lot for your reply...i had been waiting for the right information since long...also i have another doubt...please help me with this also...As u said i can take balant kadha no.1 and 2 along with no. 3 please tell in what dose and how can i take them...also tell that what time gap should i keep between taking each of them. Once i know this i will start taking them right away. Once again thanks a lot for your kindness in making a post.

Dr.Sandip Sawant

Post by Dr.Sandip Sawant »

As i have mentioned earlier Balant Kadha no-1 & 2 has to be taken in initial phase but as u have these bottles as u dont want to throwthem u can take along with Balant Kadha no-3 i.e. mixing equal quantity of both with water before food.

There is no problem if u mix all three & i feel these will get over in around 10-15 days.

Once you finish Bottles of BK no-1 & 2 then stop taking them & just continue with BK no-3.

Regards,

Dr.Sandip Sawant

jyotiinaustin

Post by jyotiinaustin »

Dr. Sandip, Thanks again