Shatavari churan for Hotflashes with Licorice and rose petal

Here you can ask all questions that do not match with the other groups
sonja
New User

Shatavari churan for Hotflashes with Licorice and rose petal

Post by sonja »

I hope somebody could help me with this problem.

I am lately suffering greatly from Hot Flashes (both during the day and also during the night), they are very bothersome and I can hardly sleep any more, because of the very frequent hot/cold spells.

Upon somebodies suggestion, I have started taking Shatavari churan, dried Rose petals, and, Licorice churan ( Yashti Madhu), as I was told, these herbs are cooling and help to prevent hot flashes, and help with menopausal symptoms in general, as they are somewhat estrogenic in action.

my question is this:
I do not want to take anything wrong, or make things worse than they are, and it would help me a lot, if somebody could guide me or advise me on this.

I am taking this dose.

at night, I boil one glass of water, and pour this boiling water in a glass, and then ADD 1 teaspoon shatavari churan, 1 teaspoon licorice churan, and 1 teaspoon of rose petals. I then let this mixture sit all night long, and in the morning I drink the water on the top and leave the herb sediment on the bottom, which I then throw away.

I then, boil another glass of water and make the SAME MIXTURE, for the evening, before I go to bed.

so that each day, I have 2 teaspoons of shatavari and 2tsp. licorice and 2 tsp. rose petals INFUSED WATER.

Is this dosage and manner of preparation alright?
and, how long will I have to take this, until I see some effect? ie. decreased hot flashes ect.??

besides these herbs, are there ANY OTHER HERBS, that I could ADD to the ABOVE MIXTURE?

Thank you very much for any help.

sonja
New User

Re: Shatavari churan for Hotflashes with Licorice and rose p

Post by sonja »

[*]Is Shatavari KALPA different from the powder?
if it is different than in what way is it different

CAN I take the shatavari powder with SOYA MILK. or does it absolutely have to be milk.

[*]regarding the Ashokarishtam 2tsp with luke warm water before food, I am not aware of this herbal medication.

is this also a churan (powder)? or are these pills.

my last question is:
should I NO longer ADD the rose petals or licorice to the shatavari `drink`, and just stick with shatavari alone.
I have already started taking chandrabhaba vati. (my husband takes the pills, so I am taking from him)