Veins swollen on legs

Here you can ask all questions that do not match with the other groups
jinn
New User

Veins swollen on legs

Post by jinn »

Namaste,
I would like to ask if there is an Ayurvedic solution for my mother's swollen veins in the leg.
Basically about 30 years ago she started to have blood form a sort of "clogs" in her arteries around the knee of her left leg. In the area where this started happening, the veins started to develop bumps (clogs of blood) and turned purplish color. For the past 30 legs this moved from her knee to her foot/ankle area. So its not on her knee anymore but on her foot. Before it did not bother her at all but now she said the foot hurts to walk on. Some of the things which helped a little was keeping her foot in mineral waters of certain rivers/lakes. She is 60+ and also has a hyperthyroid, which only started couple of years ago (does ayurveda suggest anything for hyperthyroid?) One thing I think someone suggested to her was to have leeches suck out the clogged up blood, but I am not sure she is will to do that.
I know this was going to be hard to explain in words, so I took a couple of pictures of my mother's left leg. I am attaching them to this email. If the resolution is bad on these photos please let me know I will use a different camera.

Thank you very much again for your service.

Take care,
Mike

Dr. Rohit

Re: Veins swollen on legs

Post by Dr. Rohit »

I would advise application of sahacharadi tailam in upward direction . so that the blood can flow back to the heart. this happens due to the gravitational pull the blood stays lower and cant circulate.

simple coconut oil application in upward dircetion should also help to some extent

Dr. Rohit

Re: Veins swollen on legs

Post by Dr. Rohit »

we have also seen RICINUS OIL massaging the legs in upward direction also helps.

DesmondLak
New User

-

Post by DesmondLak »

Husband takes 100ml Gabapentin. He only takes these when his legs are really bad, mostly at night. They can make you a little dopey next day. He has tried lots of things but these do work for him.