View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Shatavari churan for Hotflashes with Licorice and rose petal 
New User

Post Shatavari churan for Hotflashes with Licorice and rose petal
I hope somebody could help me with this problem.

I am lately suffering greatly from Hot Flashes (both during the day and also during the night), they are very bothersome and I can hardly sleep any more, because of the very frequent hot/cold spells.

Upon somebodies suggestion, I have started taking Shatavari churan, dried Rose petals, and, Licorice churan ( Yashti Madhu), as I was told, these herbs are cooling and help to prevent hot flashes, and help with menopausal symptoms in general, as they are somewhat estrogenic in action.

my question is this:
I do not want to take anything wrong, or make things worse than they are, and it would help me a lot, if somebody could guide me or advise me on this.

I am taking this dose.

at night, I boil one glass of water, and pour this boiling water in a glass, and then ADD 1 teaspoon shatavari churan, 1 teaspoon licorice churan, and 1 teaspoon of rose petals. I then let this mixture sit all night long, and in the morning I drink the water on the top and leave the herb sediment on the bottom, which I then throw away.

I then, boil another glass of water and make the SAME MIXTURE, for the evening, before I go to bed.

so that each day, I have 2 teaspoons of shatavari and 2tsp. licorice and 2 tsp. rose petals INFUSED WATER.

Is this dosage and manner of preparation alright?
and, how long will I have to take this, until I see some effect? ie. decreased hot flashes ect.??

besides these herbs, are there ANY OTHER HERBS, that I could ADD to the ABOVE MIXTURE?

Thank you very much for any help.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 am
New User

Re: Shatavari churan for Hotflashes with Licorice and rose p
[*]Is Shatavari KALPA different from the powder?
if it is different than in what way is it different

CAN I take the shatavari powder with SOYA MILK. or does it absolutely have to be milk.

[*]regarding the Ashokarishtam 2tsp with luke warm water before food, I am not aware of this herbal medication.

is this also a churan (powder)? or are these pills.

my last question is:
should I NO longer ADD the rose petals or licorice to the shatavari `drink`, and just stick with shatavari alone.
I have already started taking chandrabhaba vati. (my husband takes the pills, so I am taking from him)

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]